This track hones in on specific environmental issues, Jewish responses to these issues, and tools for activating change. Learn about current environmental issues such as hydrofracking and the Farm Bill, then delve into Jewish texts and stories to uncover Jewish perspectives on these issues. Refine your own positions, learn skills to more clearly speak your truth, and develop tools to organize diverse people in your community around these issues.
Sample classes (may include):
• Seeing climate change through a naturalist’s eyes
• Genetically modified organisms and kashrut
• Starting a CSA in your community
• Farm Bill – what it is and Jewish responses
• Personal storytelling as a tool for galvanizing action
• Energy issues in hydrofracking, “clean coal” and the oil boom
• Engaging faith groups in environmental action
• How to move a community from environmental concern to environmental action
Register by April 22 and Save $100 with our Early Bird Special!